Annapolis Valley bass player and recording artist.
Half Lies Half Truths
Mark Bezanson's debut CD is available now!
Singer, songwriter, bassist, music teacher and really terrible basketball player, Mark Bezanson mixes jazz, blues, soul and funk influences to create a style that is as familiar as it is diverse . In October of 2013 Mark Bezanson released his first CD of original material called Half Lies Half Truths.
“Mark Bezanson’s new album, “Half Lies Half Truths”, lives up to the ambivalence of its title. The record’s themes and music seem frequently at odds: catchy pop riffs deliver biting political exposés, funk rock tunes contain painful psychological narratives, and jazz sections interrupt rock ballads on the emotional vagaries of love. The result? Exhilarating, beautiful, perturbing.” -The Grapevine, Wolfville N.S.
Originally a band nerd he started playing bass guitar after discovering pop music on the radio. In high school Mark started playing in a few local bar bands. He went to University to study jazz at St. Francis Xavier University. He studied to become a teacher and in 1995 started teaching at Bridgetown Regional High School. His days as a performing bassist were to be put behind him, or so he thought.
Mark decided one day to form a blues band. He couldn’t find a singer so he tried it out himself. Fast forward a few years and Mark has been in many bands up and down the valley. He has played bass for Caleb Miles, Bernie Zink, Jokers Right, Kicking Mule Blues Band, Suzie Vinnick, Andy and Ariana, Kim Doolittle just to name a few. You can hear his bass work on selected tracks on CD’s by Caleb Miles and Andy and Ariana. Mark fronts an exciting trio called The Idle Threats that play original music as well as soul and R&B. You can catch them playing up and down the valley.
Mark is an unsigned artist but he is in contract negotiations with Nike. They are thinking of paying him to not use their equipment.
Sorry, no upcoming events. Stay tuned!
A selection of past events:
- Idle Threats at Bear River Exhibition()
- Jokers Right at Freeport Legion()
- Idle Threats play Riverfest II()
- Idle Threats Host Union Street OPen Mic.()
- Jokers Right July 1st Canada Day()
- Jokers Right At Kingston Legion(Kingston Legion)
- May 31st Canada AM with Jug in Hand and Friends(Canada AM)
- Apple Blossom with Bernie Zink and Mark Riley()
- Fight CF(Capitol Pub)
- Joker Right (Private Event)()
- Walker Classic Welcome Home Party(End Of The Line Pub)
- Shake Rattle and Rescue(Brewsters Bar and Grill)
- New Years Party with Jokers Right AND New Year’s Day Levee(Capitol Pub)
- Hosting Open Mic at The Wick Pub (Union Street Cafe)()
- Paddy’s Monday Open Mic()
- Halloween Dance with Jokers Right @ The Capitol Pub(Capitol Pub)
- ROCKTOBERFEST New Minas with the Idle Threats()
- Private Function()
- with Jokers Right()
- with Jokers Right at Warf Rat Rally(Warf Rat Main Stage)
- Warf Rat Rally(Warf Rat Main Stage)
- Paddy’s Pub Open Mic(Paddy's Pub Wolfville)
- with The Bernie Zinck Band as part of New Minas Days()
- Bridgetown River Fest 2015(Jubilee Park)
- July 1st Annapolis Royal Canada Day(Fort Ann Lawn)
- Canada Day in Bridgetown(Jubilee Park)
- at Kings Arm Pub(Kings Arms Pub)
- At Paddy’s Pub(Paddy's Brew Pub)
- End of the Line Pub Walker Classic Party(End of the Line Pub)
- Dooly’s Open Mic with the Idle Threats(Greenwood Dooly's)
- Mark & Noah(Kings Arms Pub)
- with the Idle Threats(Paddy's Brew Pub)
- Private Function(Greenwood Base)
- James Stevensen CD Release(End of the Line Pub)
- Private Christmas Party(The Wick)
- with the Idle Threats(The Designer Cafe)
- With the Caleb Miles Band(Bear River, NS)
- With Suzie Vinnick(Deep Roots Music Festival)
- Deep Roots Blues Summit(Paddy's Brew Pub)
- Funk at the End of the Line(End of the Line Pub)
- Wharf Rat Rally(Waterfront Main Stage)
- Digby County Exhibition(Bear River Exhibition Grounds)